The following synergies are not found in the core rulebooks for D&D 3.5 (PHB, DMG, MM); if there are any similar synergies published in official materials & errata for the system, those should take precedence in case of conflict or overlap; otherwise, DMs should use these at their discretion. NOTE: this page is intended to be a universal page on skill synergies; therefore, while some of these can be easily “rule-of-thumb’d” into others, if there are any others – particularly from later 3.5/3.5e sources – that should be considered, please feel free to tack them on; just be sure to reference any foreign materials as necessary (e.g. a non-core rulebook), please.
- 5 ranks in balance grants a +2 bonus on tumble checks. This is in addition to any other synergies or similar effects (such as the standard synergy from ranks in jump). Variant: the DM may replace the synergy from jump in some or all situations. It should stack, however, as tumble ranks reciprocate synergy for both skills in the PHB (p.66).
- 5 ranks in craft (trapmaking) grants +2 bonus on disable device checks made to disable traps, and on the search check made to find traps, (characters without the trapfinding ability still cannot find traps with a DC higher than 20, except dwarves when detecting stone traps).
- 5 ranks in craft (siege weapons) grants a +2 bonus on disable device checks made to sabotage them. The same applies for other similar devices (i.e. wagons, ships, crossbows, etc.) but the character must take ranks in craft for the particular item or item type.
- 5 ranks in craft (locksmithing) grants a +2 bonus on open lock checks.
- 5 ranks in disable device grants a +2 bonus on craft checks relating to devices with moving parts (except locks).
- 5 ranks in open lock grants a +2 bonus on craft (locksmithing) checks.